Martin Brandon-Bravo Regatta
Saturday June 8th 2019
National Water Sports Centre, Nottingham
J14, J15 and J16 over 1000m
- J14 and WJ14 8x+ and 4x+
- J15 and WJ15 4x+ and 4+
- J16 and WJ16 4x- and 4+
- The regatta can only operate given extra help so each Club/School will be required to provide an experienced/helpful adult to assist with marshalling and other duties (in at least one of three shifts, to be assigned by the committee)
- Entries only from crews that did not or would not have reached semi-finals at the National Schools' Regatta
- 3 races for all crews: time trial, semi-final and final
- Maximum entries: 18 for all J14 events, 18 for J15 4x+, 12 for J15 4+ and 12 for all J16 events
- Racing approximately from 10am to 5.30pm
- Open to all schools and clubs but no composites
- £10 a head (coxes free) - entries on BROE2 scheduled to open Noon, Tuesday 30th April
- Entries to close 8pm Tuesday 28th May (to allow entry to alternative regattas if oversubscribed)
- No doubling-up. No boat sharing
- No boating of crews except to race
- The Draw will take place at 6pm on Thursday 30th May at St Edward's School. The draw will be published at 6pm the following day
- The regatta is being run under British Rowing Rules of Racing
- More details and documents to follow
Key Officials and Contacts
|Chairman of Organising Committee||Richard Hooper|
|Chairman of Race Committee||George Hammond|
|Treasurer and Entries Secretary||entries@|
|Safety Adviser||Colin Greenaway|
Emails to the Regatta Secretary or Entry Secretary should end with "kitchinsociety.org.uk": firstname.lastname@example.org
|Course||Aerial Maps of Course and NWSC|
|Map||Map of National Water Sports Centre|
|First Aid||First Aid Policy|
|Regatta Poster||PDF Version of this Website|
About the Regatta
For a long time those involved in junior and school rowing have been aware of the need for an event of significant scale for younger age groups in the second part of the summer term but before the Junior British Championships.
We now have the chance to answer this need and we need your help to make it work. Not only do we want your entries but we want your help in running the event.
We wish to run the regatta in the cooperative spirit of the various trials run at junior level and in the spirit of the two BASHER events. In all these cases most of the organisation, marshalling and stewarding on the day is done by the coaches and supporters of the various athletes and crews.
The management and control of the racing will be run by experienced people with the necessary BR qualifications in accordance with the rules of racing and the other requirements of our governing body but we still need a lot of volunteers to help on the day.
We will need to cover three shifts during the day with fifteen people on each shift.